Mauritius : A cyclone for the weekend, on monday sunshine is back

edited April 2013 in Mauritius
Mauritius has known a cyclonic weekend. Named IMELDA, it has not been that intense, all warning removed this morning (did not seem like a cyclonic weather to me actually ;). And now, it's sun outside. All I love about this country. The bad weather does not stay long. What is he becoming now, anyone knows ?

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Yes i love it too, the sun is never hiding for a long time and I'm glad it did not affect us too bad...
  • edited April 2013
    I'm so glad too ! I don't actually remember the last time we had bad weather over a long period of time. Perfect holiday weather ;)
  • edited April 2013
    Its good to see the sun again. The cyclone Imelda is in Rodrigues Island now.
  • edited April 2013
    Yes I hope it won't be too bad over there... they talk about a type 3, right?
  • edited April 2013
    I was wondering if its just the silence before the storm hits us in full! Especially during the week end it intensified and was progressing only 10 Km/h! Since it was 300 Km away it would have taken 2 more days to reach us. I usually check on the birds, they seem to know before if its coming - since they were singing this morning it was a sign that the cyclone is gone. How the birds and ants can know this :confused:
  • edited April 2013
    Yes, they got a warning cyclone class 3.... Rodrigues is seriously affected by this cyclone :(
  • edited April 2013
    A cyclone warning class 4 was on yesterday. Is is still on ?
  • edited April 2013
    The cyclone is no more in Rodrigues Island. I think its coming towards Mauritius again :( . It would affect the south coast.
  • edited April 2013
    Did it cause a lot of damage in Rodrigues now?
  • edited April 2013
    Yes, a lot !
    Many houses do not have electricity. Trees are blocking the roads. The cyclone winds were very strong. Many people are still in the cyclone refuge.
    I just hope Mauritius will help Rodrigues Island to build up again.
  • edited April 2013
    Mauritius was seriously so lucky... and I also hope they will help to build up again. I have also heard, that in Rodrigues there are many people that do not live in stable houses... so of course their homes are ruined now.
  • edited April 2013
    From what i've heard, not that much.
  • edited April 2013
    I heard on the radio that the "ex cyclone Imelda" is still influencing the weather of Mauritius.
  • edited April 2013
    Yes I think you can also feel it still... today it is very windy again, normally it is not like that, right?