Fifa in Mauritius

edited June 2014 in Activities
Hi all together!
Did you know that the FIFA Congress is held in Mauritius??? Yesterday it was opened in Pailles, Mauritius and now there is another meeting.
Sepp Blatter, the president has arrived on Saturday. Michel Platini, President of UEFA has also arrived. More than 1000 people from all over the world are expected. What a privilege!

The Republic of Mauritius is very important for the world football association, because this is where "Grass Roots" began!
They used to focus more on the elite of the instructors, but with Grassroots, they started focusing on boys and girls between six and twelve years, which are funded by the national associations and training systems.

And Mauritius also wants to remain focused on the discovery of young talents. Boys and girls at the age of ten, eleven or twelve years must be tested on their technical and physical abilities. So you will see who belongs to the top group players and what players can be recruited for our national teams.

Who knows more about the history of soccer in Mauritius?

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Football is really appreciated by Mauritians. I just find it great that young talents are being encouraged. Hopefully we'll see young man grow in their passion in the near future. With good training, it should work out.
    When I read your post, I just pictured this football playground in Cap Malheureux. Do you know ? During my travels, I always see people, particularly young boys playing around. Always animated !